Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Canción Para Enseñar Los Mandatos Informales


In Spanish III I'm teaching informal affirmative and negative commands right now.  Technically it is a review but, since the affirmatives and the negatives are very different, the commands are always problematic.  And once you add in the object pronouns, forget about it!  

After class a student of mine who went to a different school last year approached me and taught me a song that she had learned in Spanish II to help her remember the commands.  She forbade me to mention her name in association with the song or to teach it this year, sadly.  Kids at her age are easily embarrassed by these things so I will respect her wishes.  Still, I see no harm in sharing the song here anonymously.

Sing it to the tune of Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious:    

Ten, No tengas
Sé, No seas
Pon, No pongas, Poner
Ve, No vayas
Ven, No vengas
Haz, No hagas, Hacer
Dígame, No me digas
Sal, No salgas, Salir
Los mandatos
Los mandatos
Ya sabes hacerlos 

I'm so silly that I can't stop singing it to myself now.  

Hast pronto,

--AnneK

2 comments :

Unknown said...

My students were dying after a difficult and dry workbook page practicing commands. This saved us! Thank you so much!- Suzy Ramirez

AnneK said...

Hooray! I'm so happy to hear it. I know that having something in song makes it a lot easier (and a lot more fun) to remember. :-)

Post a Comment