Monday, April 30, 2012

Mensaje Importante

A colleague of mine sent this along to me last week and it made me smile.  But the more I looked at it and thought about it, the more smiling I did.


It's true that teachers have not been paid as much as other professions traditionally.  I know that that is a legacy of the old days when women didn't work outside the home for the most part.  And I'm sure it also had a lot to do with the fact that we are paid by the state out of taxpayer's money.  And yes, we should get paid more.  Still, we all knew what we were getting into before we signed up.  But we signed up anyway!

Why?  Well the sign says it all, doesn't it?  We are not here because we are going to become famous, rich, or loved and respected by society.  We are here because this work means something to us and because we know that ultimately we are making a difference in the lives we touch.

Have you gotten in touch with an old teacher of yours to say thank you and to let them know how much they influenced you?  Maybe it's time to do that.

Hasta pronto,

--AnneK

0 comments :

Post a Comment