Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Más Osos

Thanks for the comments and emails, amigos.  I am very inspired to create more oso art because of all the support and ideas I've gotten.

Delicioso seemed like an obvious one, but it took me awhile to find the perfect picture.  I didn't want a honey pot with English - or worse, improperly spelled English (hunny).  These little strawberries did the trick nicely.





Then I figured I would tackle generoso but, let me tell you, it is not easy to find a generous bear out there.  On the other hand, I found quite a few greedy bears.  So, in the interim, here is "poco generoso" which will allow us to explain to students how poco + adjective works.


Poco is one of those words that we learn in the first days of Spanish 1 (as a noun).  
-- ¿Hablas español?
-- Un poco.
But the word is more complex than most students realize and it can take a long time to learn how to use it correctly.  Interestingly, when it is used as an adverb paired with an adjective, it translates as "not very" or even "not at all". 

And, with that, I'm out for the evening.  I am poco energética tonight.  I have a cold that just won't release its grip on me, so I'm off to bed.

Hasta pronto,

--AnneK

0 comments :

Post a Comment