Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Murió En Un Accidente

What was going on with the Super Bowl commercials last Sunday?  Most of them were heavy, tragic, heart-wrenching, or just plain bad.  I'm not a sports person at all, but I decided to mix it up last Sunday by actually putting on the game (in the background) so I would be able to participate in conversation the following day.  But wow . . .

I think the commercial that was the worst aguafiestas of all was the Nationwide "I died from an accident" commercial.  It started off kind of cute then took a radical turn for heartbreaking.  If you want to watch it, here is the link.  Get your tissue box ready.

Nationwide Commercial

So now that I've contextualized this, you can understand the humor in this chiste gráfico.  I'm not a terrible person - I promise.  I was just poking fun at the commercial.  Share it with your students and I guarantee you'll get laughs and lots of discussion.  Mine fell out of their chairs yesterday when I showed it.


Ha ha!  Take that, Nationwide!  You are now a meme.

Obviously be careful about this one.  Don't show it to immature classes or to folks who have had a recent tragedy.  That would go over terribly.

And, because I was asked, here is a version in English too:


I hope you have a great week that is filled with homework and completely bereft  of accidents, amigos.

Hasta pronto,

--AnneK

0 comments :

Post a Comment