Friday, October 18, 2013

Tiranosaurio Intenta . . .

Poor Tyrannosaurus!  His arms are so short that he can't do anything at all.  That is the humorous theme behind artist Hugh Murphy's pictures of T Rex trying to do all sorts of implausible and anachronistic tasks.  They are hilarious and the artist does an excellent job of making T Rex look adorable and nonthreatening.

If you click on the picture above, you can see it in its full size and download it.

The pictures are cute and I found one online on a Chinese website (via Pinterest) and figured I'd change the caption to Spanish so I could share it with my classes.  While I was there, I decided to color it with Photoshop.  (Why do I do these things?!)  I am a very skilled user of Corel Photopaint, but I am a complete novice with Adobe Photoshop, so the coloring job is a little sketchy at best.  I'll keep at it and try to get better as I go.  There are about a zillion Photoshop tutorials out there, so I really have no excuse not to improve.

My Spanish IV students are reviewing the concept that when two verbs come together, the first one is conjugated and the second one remains in the infinitive.  I don't know why that concept is hard, but I have to go over it every year again because it doesn't seem to stick.  This image with its "intenta apagar" is a great example to enhance that lesson.

Hasta pronto,

--AnneK

0 comments :

Post a Comment