Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Después De Las Fiestas

Monday we were back in school after a week of Thanksgiving vacation.  I wanted to follow up with my students about what they had done over break, but I wanted to do something a little different than my usual activities in my Spanish IV class so I decided to approach things a little bit differently.

I told my students to write 8-10 interview questions about Thanksgiving and the vacation days, then I had them pair up and interview one another.  They were asked to record the answers they got so that they could make an informal presentation to the class.  In this way I had them talking, writing, and presenting - all in Spanish.  And they got practice to practice with the preterite and imperfect (always needed, even at level IV) in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd persons too - in an interpersonal and a presentational context.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27495706/Vacaciones%20de%20Emily.pdf

One of my students ("April" from a post I made back in September) decided to go all out and make a Power Point to do her presentation.  I hadn't expected that, but it was a fun bonus.  The questions she asked are at the top of each slide, then then answer is below in the third person.  You can click if you want to see the presentation.

I thought it would be nice to share this with you because I know how frustrating it is to get kids to talk when they first come back from a break.  Getting them to talk about someone else however, that seems to work like a charm.

Hasta pronto,

--AnneK


0 comments :

Post a Comment