Saturday, December 7, 2013

¿Qué es vida?

What is life?  I suppose that is a rather existential way to begin a blog post, but I am actually referring to an ad campaign by the Spanish food company Helios.  The video is warm and easily understood, even by beginners.


So, you know me, I had to make an activity to accompany it.  I mean, it's one thing to show a little video to the class.  That is always well received.  It is quite another thing to make an activity that gets my students to think, create, share, and explore.  Then it's something I can feel great about giving my students.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27495706/Qu%C3%A9%20es%20vida.pdf

You can click here to get a copy of the file or you can click on the image itself.

As I was working on it, the thought occurred to me that it would make a great activity to leave with Spanish I students (or early in the year with Spanish II students) with a substitute.  The only trick would be to make sure that the students had access to a computer.  I even made a second version of it with the instructions in English so that you don't have to panic your substitute.  Both versions are contained in the same file.  You can just print the one that you need.

I hope you get some use out of it and I would love to hear from you!

Hasta pronto,

--AnneK

0 comments :

Post a Comment