Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Feliz Día de San Patricio

Feliz Día de San Patricio, amigos.  Did you remember to wear green today?  I am about half Irish, but unfortunately I know nothing about that side of my heritage - well, apart from those stereotypes that are so pervasive.  I will be cooking up some colcannon for dinner tonight and there may or may not be Irish coffee on the menu.

It is not likely that Saint Patrick will be much of a topic in your normal Spanish classes, but I recall that we talked about Saint Patrick when I taught in Catholic school.  I took stock art and made a little graphic that you can use in your classroom, if you like.


I also found an article online about Saint Patrick's Day in Spanish at Muy Historia.  It is short, to the point, and not terribly advanced.  With proper scaffolding, your late Spanish 2 students can read it.  It should pose little to no trouble for Spanish 3 and up.

¡Que la suerte de los irlandeses esté con ustedes!

--AnneK

0 comments :

Post a Comment