Sunday, November 24, 2013

Lección - El Día de Acción de Gracias

Last year I put together a little lesson on Thanksgiving and put it up for sale over at Teachers Pay Teachers, a site that brokers teacher-created lessons, activities, and other goodies for fellow teachers to buy.  As they put it, teachers pay teachers - not big corporations or textbook companies.  It's a great idea, but getting the word out there about your product is hard, especially if one is not comfortable bringing it up constantly and tooting your own horn (and I'm not).


I put a lot of love into this lesson.  It contains a page of teacher instructions including standards and rationale, pre-reading questions, vocabulary, vocabulary practice, a Spanish reading (Spanish II or III level), reading comprehension questions, open-ended questions, and an extension activity involving a cultural comparison.  There is also an answer key.  If I do say so myself, I think it's a great lesson.

It's a bargain at $2.  When you think about it, preparing all of that (pre-reading, vocabulary, comprehension questions, writing the article, etc. . . .) it would take you about 2 or 3 hours.  If you paid yourself minimum wage, that would be more than $21 worth of your time - and we all know your time is worth a lot more than minimum wage.  Besides, $2 is half of what you would pay for a blended mocha with whip at your local coffee store.  And, unlike that fancy coffee, you will have this lesson for years to come, to use again and again.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27495706/Sample%20Acci%C3%B3n%20de%20Gracias.pdf

Here is a link to an abbreviated sample of the lesson, if you would like to have a look for yourself before investing your two dollars.

And that is about all the self promotion that I am comfortable with at this time.  I did not start this blog to make money; I just want to interact with my colleagues in other places around the nation and the world.  But I thought I would make you aware of this product in case you are interested.  And if you choose to support me with your purchase, please know that I am very grateful.

Gracias amigos,

--AnneK

0 comments :

Post a Comment