Wednesday, November 13, 2013

No les gusta la tarea del fin de semana

Weekend homework is a reality some weeks and my students don't ever complain, God bless them!  But nobody wants to spend their days off working on irregular preterite, right?  I try to assign homework 1-2 times per week with my Spanish I and II classes and maybe 2-3 times per week with my honors classes - Spanish III and higher.  My school is not on a block schedule and I feel as though I have to be conscientious of the fact that my students have six other teachers who are also giving homework.

I hear a lot of stories about kids who stay up until the wee hours working and that doesn't seem right to me.  It seems like kids do more homework these days than I did when I was their age.


This vintage picture of King Kong ravaging a city (Tokyo, I'm guessing) made me think about how I used to feel when a teacher would give homework on the weekend, so I put the caption on there.  If weekend homework has to happen (and it does, sometimes), then at least we should be able to get a laugh out of it.

Hasta pronto, amigos.

--AnneK

0 comments :

Post a Comment