Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Diagramas Venn en Platitos de Papel

Yesterday I mentioned that we created Venn diagrams to compare and contrast our personalities with those predictions made by the zodiac.  The kids really enjoyed the activity and seeing how their personalities were similar or different from the descriptions online.  They were looking up their friends, boyfriends, and family members too.

In order to make the Venn diagrams, I gave them paper plates.  For some reason, the simple act of creating a diagram on a paper plate (as opposed to one on a worksheet) suddenly made the activity more interesting and appealing to them.  It was an idea I found over on Pinterest and I couldn't wait to try it out.  Using colored construction paper might work well too!



I think they turned out very well too.  Hooray for the creative teachers out there who share their ideas!  I am grateful for them.

Hasta pronto, --AnneK


1 comments :

Srta. Graham said...

This is a fantastic idea! I also saw the paper plate venn diagram on Pinterest and wanted to use it. I agree...anytime you use something other than paper, it becomes more interesting. When I do things that would usually be done on index cards, I often use bulletin board cut outs instead (if I need 30 cards for a class, they are usually sold in 36) Just having an ice cream cone or an apple instead of an index card makes them more engaged. I can't wait to try the zodiac activity.

Post a Comment