Friday, November 18, 2011

Pavos con Verbos

Right before Thanksgiving break (which is for a whole week at my school!) the students are exhausted.  Many teachers try to cram in every last tiny bit of curriculum and they are really cracking the whip to get it all in before the break.  So, when I'm up to date, I like to do a little something crafty with the kids that will lower their stress level a bit.  In fact, 5th period let out a collective hoot of joy today when I told them we were making turkeys.  I love those kids!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27495706/Verb%20Turkey%20Instructions.pptx

You have them choose an action verb, preferably one you have been studying recently in class.  They write the conjugations on each finger and then they decorate the turkey to make it look as though it is engaging in the activity indicated by the verb.  So a turkey with nadar would look as though it were swimming, a turkey with the verb tocar would be playing a musical instrument, etc.

 I even made a little Powerpoint presentation for you to share with your students, if you choose.  The pictures make it easier to give instructions entirely in Spanish without having to repeat in English.

((Follow up note: I have spent the last hour trying to figure out how to upload the Power Point file so that I can link it here.  Suffice it to say that I have not yet figured it out, but I am pretty tenacious so I will keep trying.))

((Follow up follow up note: I got it working now!))

Hasta pronto,

--AnneK

2 comments :

Athenita said...

THANK YOU! WONDERFUL IDEA

AnneK said...

You are very welcome, Athenita! I'm so glad you like the idea and I hope your students have fun with it.

--AnneK <3

Post a Comment